Friday, November 24, 2006

The Joy of Parenting


I still cant believe that God allowed me to be a daddy :) While I'm still learning the ins and outs of effective parenting it has been a joy to watch my daughter grow (even if she is growing into a Green MnM). There is absolutely no better feeling than coming home from a long day of lecturing and having your baby child smile at you with a smile of love. She knows who I am and she loves me. IT IS AWESOME!!!

I pray that God always give me the strength to be a good father

"By means of love, respect and obedience towards their parents, children offer their specific and irreplaceable contribution to the construction of an authentically human and Christian family. They will be aided in this if parents exercise their unrenounceable authority as a true and proper "ministry," that is, as a service to the human and Christian well-being of their children, and in particular as a service aimed at helping them acquire a truly responsible freedom, and if parents maintain a living awareness of the "gift" they continually receive from their children."

- Familiaris Consortio, John Paul the Great

No comments: